Since I have time on my hands now, what better things to do than to learn new songs?
Rekindling my lost love for the guitar, I've been crazing over Jose Gonzalez's cover of The Knife song - Heartbeats.
For anyone who doesn't know this song, it was made famous by the Sony Bravia "Bouncy Superball" ad:
The song just fits perfectly to the attitude and flow of the video. The tempo and tone of the song, especially the base guitar music matches well with the bouncing balls(i know...it sounds dirty too~). Sony did a hell of a good job making this very unique and unprecedented ad. And they did an even better job to not screw the music up, choosing Heartbeats as the theme music adds only admiration.
Colour, Like no other really is Sony Bravia!
For anyone who knows this next song, there's a high chance you've known it through the English version - the 4PM rendition of the original song, Sukiyaki:
We were youtubing one night, and Jonathan told me the original song was from Kyu Sakamoto. As seen in the vid above, it's pretty old. The song, an immediate hit when it was released, was the only Japanese song to ever top the sales chart in America during 1963.
The name of the song "Sukiyaki", not to be confused with the Japanese steambot dish, is originally named "Ue o muite arukÅ" or translated as "I shall walk looking up". It carries the message of keeping your head high, even when the day is dark and you're feeling lonely. The harmony and jovial rhythm of the song is what transcended it, long after the death of the original singer in a plane crash.
Rest in Peace
Kyu Sakamoto, this song will always keep my head high.
This song is AWESOME!!! and what makes it AWESOME-ER is the fact that, it was transcribed and covered by Hiroshi Masuda, a YouTuber Musician. His playing style is exactly what I've always wanted myself to be like, and to be able to play like him, really is an honour.
Thank you for your covers, they are what i will set my examples upon.
I will strive my best to play as well as you, and hopefully have your discipline and outlook on music! I applaud you for dedicating this cover to the people who suffered in China and Myanmar.
Thank you for your covers, they are what i will set my examples upon.
I will strive my best to play as well as you, and hopefully have your discipline and outlook on music! I applaud you for dedicating this cover to the people who suffered in China and Myanmar.
All the very best Hiroshi Masuda!
It's hard to say how i feel about the next song. The song was quite famous throughout its history, but this very unique and soothing cover is just to hard to describe. Sadly, I do not know how to play the Ukelele, or where to even start trying. You just have to listen to know the beauty of it:
Dear IZ, I'd honourably call you Bruddah, anytime of the day. The comment by a random user in the vid, had just the right measure of words to do you justice:
"It's only normal for him to have a body that big, so that he has a place for a heart as big as his."
...it wasn't completely correct, but it was right enough for you IZ. You left us too early IZ, we miss your voice, as true as your beautiful soul.
Rest in peace Bruddah IZ. The angels are dancing to your voice now.

